Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Canvas shoes?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was poking around eBay, and happened upon these shoes:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Girl-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

    I have the red shoes, but had not seen the white. Anyone know where they came from (or with what outfit) or how to get them?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They come with the Beachside Outfit.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Brigitte! I never noticed the shoes (which is very unlike me), but I love that outfit. I almost bought it when I was in Chicago last summer.
    Cool shoes are reason enough to buy an outfit, right?!
    Heather [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I definitely agree, Heather, but even without those cute shoes the outfit is gorgeous. I love this classy style.

    I gave it Kamilla for her great school report in preparation that Marisol would have something else to wear apart from all the dancing costumes.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Rory_AG_girl:
    I fell in love with this outfit when Kiana arrived for her visit. I think the shoes are the best part, too, so when Maria gave me some of the club shoes, I was super happy. Those espadrilles look so cute on Lindsey now. I fear she'll never take them off!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What are espadrilles? I've always wondered, lol.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are sandal-type shoes with sea grass soles and canvas top.
    They usually tie with cords and are typical in many European countries (as well as in some European-influenced Latin American countries, like my native Argentina)
    They are wicked cheap and quite comfortable.
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Espandrilles are typical Spanish shoes/sandales, which have a sole made of jute and the top of linen. They were already very fashionable in the early 80's - typical summer shoes and I wouldn't recommend wearing them in the rain, or they fall to pieces and during the past two summers I've seen them making a slow come-back.

    Here you can have a look at some really nice 'grown-up espandrilles'

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by *AG_iceskater*:
    What are espadrilles? I've always wondered, lol.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Espadrilles are sandals much like those in the auction linked above and the Club sandals. They are typically a wedge heal, covered with hemp or jute (think twine rope). They also have a strap or tie around the ankle.
    I have a cute pair that I found at Payless earlier this summer. They are tan canvas with a tan and pink tie around the ankle. I purchased several clearance ribbons at Walmart so I can change them out with other colors for different outfits. I have primary colored ties, red ties and green ties.
    I can take some photos if you'd like!
    Heather

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love this outfit too, as well as the shoes.
    I got it for Miaoshi, and she looks great in it
    Also, since the shoes are white, I hope they will not stain her feet!
    My only complaint: they are not easy for a little girl to put on the doll. But they look adorable!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I fell in love with this outfit when Kiana arrived for her visit. I think the shoes are the best part, too, so when Maria gave me some of the club shoes, I was super happy. Those espadrilles look so cute on Lindsey now. I fear she'll never take them off!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •